Sunday, May 27, 2007
Recipe for a successful weekend (or: lazy blog topic)
1. Finally tackling the pile of dirty dishes threatening to engulf the sink and feeling virtuous
2. A lazy day trip to Carlton to sip lattes and eat lemon meringue tarts at Brunetti’s, while catching up with an old friend
3. Picking up your lay-by of a coveted pair of shoes (Doc Marten zip-up boots in a delicious shade of red)
4. Putting down a new lay-by on jeans … though not the skinny pair you’d kind of planned on, as these officially make you look like Mutton Dressed As Lamb
5. Dinner at the pub with a new(ish) friend and too much red wine, wearing wonderful new boots
6. Hot chocolate with pink and white marshmallows in front of a DVD (though it doesn’t go too well with the red wine, as you discover as you lie in bed half-watching Rage at the end of the night, feeling your age as you marvel at Depeche Mode and Frankie Goes to Hollywood)
7. Plotting revenge on your neighbourhood nemesis by sketching out a Desperate Housewives style satirical novel with HER as the villainess. Your pleasure is not diminished by the fact that you know you will never write it.
8. Serendipitously stumbling upon new lodgings – and getting a loan to help you move house within minutes (thanks Dad!)
9. Evading work and a creeping deadline for as long as possible*
10. Sunday night home-made lasagne (by you) with generous lashings of red wine in the sauce and enough left-overs to feed you for a week … which you’ll probably need, as you’ll now be too busy working to cook.
* I should mention that Sunday WAS spent working (though I should have been doing it Saturday too, really). But hey, then I got lasagne ...