Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Doorstep musings

Opened the front door earlier this week and spotted this little fella hanging in the tree outside my door, just beyond a seven-year-old's arm reach.

My theory? F was throwing Spidey in the air and watching him 'parachute' to earth (home-made parachute fashioned from cut-up sandwich bag and blue wool). Spidey got stuck in the tree, F got distracted and forgot about him.

I'm leaving him there for now. (Bionicles trump Spidey easily at the moment - he won't be missed. Besides, F is at his dad's from this morning to Friday.)

It makes me smile every time I look at him.

And yes, I am procrastinating by writing this instead of completing work for tomorrow.

Oh well - what else are public holidays for? Apart from drinking, wearing silly hats (at least, this public holiday) and having BBQs or hanging at the pub.

Can't be arsed doing any of these festive things. Quitting one's job without having another one to go to (as I did last week) tends to make one feel sombre. And a tad unmotivated re. voluntary homework.

No comments: