Sunday, July 27, 2008

Not so bad after all

I wouldn't say I'm a football convert, but I did have a great time at the MCG this afternoon, I did cheer and shout for F's team, and I have agreed to do it again some time.

It wasn't, of course, about the game. It was about the delightful company of F and Boy Next Door and the fact that, once we sat down on our raindrop-streaked plastic seats behind the goal posts, F caught me in a surprise hug and said 'I really do appreciate you taking us, Mum', in a voice that really meant it. And that BND leaned across and echoed his sentiments. I am so lucky to have such a lovely boy, with such a lovely friend.

And the book I'd brought along stayed firmly in my bag all day long ... though I did read the Sunday Age at half time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful time. The rewards of parenthood are sweet.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very impressed.
You are totally lined up for Mother of the Year!!